How to Properly Take Care of Your Teeth
Posted by Dr. Robin Mells on Mar 16 2021, 05:53 AM
Teeth are the reflection of our overall health. We eat, drink, chew our food, and speak because of our teeth. Moreover, they give us the confidence to smile brighter. On the other hand, without healthy teeth, you will face several dental issues. So, it is essential to take care of your teeth properly.
Great Ways To Take Care Of Your Teeth
If you take proper care of your teeth, you reduce the chances of several oral issues like cavities, gingivitis, or even oral cancer. So, let us look at how we can take care of our teeth properly.
- Brush your teeth twice a day, as doctors always recommend. But, still, some of us neglect to brush our teeth at night. So, it is advisable to brush your teeth before going to bed as it will help you in getting rid of any germs or bacteria that are collected in your mouth throughout the day.
- Brush your teeth properly. It is an essential process. You should always brush your teeth gently and in a circular motion. This process helps you in removing plague as its buildup could lead to oral problems like cavities or gingivitis.
- Clean your tongue regularly after brushing as plaque can also accumulate on your tongue.
- Use fluoride toothpaste. The fluoride acts as a defense against tooth decay. It helps to fight any germs or bacteria in our mouth and provides a barrier to protect our teeth.
- Floss your teeth once a day to help stimulate your gums, remove plaque, and help lower inflammation in that area.
- Use a mouthwash after brushing your teeth as it helps in reducing acid from the mouth, clean the areas when brushes cannot reach, and mineralize your teeth.
- Drink plenty of water, eat crunchy fruits and vegetables, and go to your dentist every six months.
Having healthy and good-looking teeth can improve your personality and smile, and boost your confidence drastically. Apart from our brushing habits, we should also look at the foods or food habits we have. Avoid consuming tobacco, alcohol, caffeine, and soda regularly.
And more importantly, get advice from expert dentists. Dr. Robin Mells DDS is one of the most experienced dentists in San Jose, CA, offering excellent dental care treatments and solutions. To know more about dental care and schedule an appointment, call us at 408 243 4216. You can also book an appointment online.